This is the ultimate superfood salad recipe. It is so tasty and healthy at the same time you’ll never want to eat a boring salad again. It may seem like there are a long list of ingredients but the only thing that requires cooking is the salmon. We want this recipe to be super simple to make, so you can put it together in minutes. With this in mind we have made it so that there is no measuring of ingredients just quick and easy hand measurements, but please feel free to add more of your favorite ingredients as you wish.
Superfood Salad Recipe Kale and Salmon
You will need:
2 salmon fillets
1 broccoli (chopped)
½ carrot (grated)
Handful edamame (soy) beans – you can buy these prepared in veggie stir fry mixes or frozen and prepare them yourself according to packet instructions.
Handful sugar snap peas
Small handful red onion (finely sliced)
Small handful yellow or red pepper (sliced)
Two handfuls of spinach
Two handfuls of kale
Two handfuls red and white quinoa
Few sprigs of rosemary (optional)
Tbsp. olive oil (for cooking)
Quarter of lemon (to serve)
Tbsp. balsamic dressing (to serve)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350F(180C) and cook your salmon according to packet instructions. We recommend wrapping in aluminum foil parcels, with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of black pepper and cooking for 18 mins approx. (depends on the size of your fillets).
2. Once cooked, remove from the oven, unwrap your parcel slightly and allow to cool.
3. Next, we will get on with preparing the salad. Wash and chop your vegetables as instructed above. Into a large mixing bowl add the spinach and kale, and then add in all of the other ingredients on top.
Tip: We prefer the vegetables raw but please pre-cook any of the vegetables if you want to. Although you can cook your peas and broccoli ahead of time, we prefer the added crunch of the raw broccoli and it also contains more goodness so we have not cooked ours.
4. Mix well and add a good squeeze of lemon and balsamic dressing, continuing to stir.
5. Now all that is left to do is plate up the salad. Share onto two plates and top with the salmon. Add a quarter of lemon to serve.