Here’s something that will make you want to take you probiotic every morning: Research has shown that there is a strong positive correlation between gut health and cardiovascular fitness.
Read on to find out how probiotics can improve your health and which is the best probiotic for weight loss…
How Can Probiotics Help You Lose Weight?
Numerous studies have proven that having what is called a healthy gut microbiome, or the bacterial ecosystem of the stomach, small and large intestines, can improve overall health. The latest research shows that the more diverse and robust your gut bacteria, the better your physique will be.
In a study published in Microbiome, participants with greater diversity of gut bacteria were found to have better VO2 max levels (an indication that they were in better aerobic shape) than participants who did not have diversity of gut bacteria. The positive correlation identified indicates that if you are in good shape then you probably have a healthy gut. But this also means that if you improve the diversity of your gut bacteria and thereby make your gut healthier, by regularly taking a probiotic, you can increase your physical fitness and lose weight.
Sometimes known as “good” bacteria, probiotics have been found to play a role in weight regulation, as they ensure you have the right balance of bacteria in your gut, which can help with weight loss and cardiovascular fitness, and especially help you get rid of stubborn belly fat. Taking a probiotic will ensure that your gut bacteria are as diverse and robust as they can be, which will help your body break down and process food at optimal levels and reduce inflammation.
Dr. David Perlmutter, author of Grain Brain, explained in an interview, “The more organisms in the gut, the better it is for health. Beneficial gut bacteria reduce inflammation, improve digestion, and reduce leakiness of the gut.” Inflammation has been linked to diseases like depression, Alzheimer’s disease, and cancer, so improving gut health and eliminating chronic inflammation is essential in order to ensure long term health. However, many of our everyday habits can send our microbiome out of whack. Taking NSAIDs like ibuprofen can damage gut bacteria and high sugar diets are also terrible for bacteria. “If you’re not taking a regular probiotic and are eating prebiotic and not taking probiotic foods, your gut bacteria is probably off.”
So probiotics can improve gut health and in turn help you get in better shape, but which one is the best for your body?
What Is The Best Probiotic For Weight Loss?
The best probiotic for weight loss will have three key attributes.
- It will contain viable organisms. You should check the bottle as it will say it has “viable organisms” over a period of time but it should be shelf life stable for at least 1 to 2 years.
- It will have diversity of species. This is very important and you should choose a supplement that contains at least 5 or 6 different strains of bacteria, though the more the better.
- It should be organic and non-GMO. This ensures that you are getting the healthiest and cleanest possible probiotic product.
We recommend the advanced supplement Digest Gold plus Probiotics.
• Contains 8 different strains of bacteria
– A natural option that supports healthy gut flora and optimal digestion with plant-based enzymes and probiotics. It supports optimal digestion of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats.
– A two-in-one supplement that delivers beneficial probiotics and digestive enzymes to help you maintain optimal digestive health.
– It provides 500 million active probiotic cells from 8 different beneficial strains to support optimal gut health, as well as a healthy balance of intestinal flora.
Give this probiotic a try and see how it can help you lose weight by improving your gut health and enhancing immune function.